An Active Lifestyle and Journey of Wellness
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA – Maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle on The World is easy through a unique combination of exhilarating shoreside adventures and onboard exercise programs that offer total wellness while travelling the globe. Residents can align their health and wellness goals with the wonder of non-stop, global exploration. The Ship’s integrated approach includes a combination of fitness and nutrition by way of a state-of-the-art Fitness Center and personal trainers, Yoga and Pilates Studio, The World Spa, two pools including a lap pool, jogging, and walking track, putting green, the only full-size, regulation tennis court at sea, healthy dining options, and more.
Programs are designed to suit varying fitness levels and personal interests. Whether it’s a sunrise class of Fresh Air Yoga or Stretching on deck among Iceland’s fjords, scuba diving the French Polynesian islands, hiking volcanic glaciers in the Arctic Circle, or biking Vancouver Harbor, sustaining an active lifestyle while traveling has never been so easy or inspiring.
At landings throughout the journey, The World’s fitness specialists and local guides lead energizing activities. A diverse selection of programming provides a multitude of wellness opportunities to enjoy while exploring the most amazing destinations on earth. The Ship’s journey combines staying fit with cultural learnings like exploring the archaeological sites in the iconic Rapa Nui (Easter Island) or experiencing the ancient art of spear fishing with fisherman who always greet people with a renowned warm welcome. For those seeking more relaxed pursuits, walking tours are organized in busy cosmopolitan cities and sun-drenched secluded remote islands.
Onboard Fitness Activities
One of the most popular places on the Ship, The World Fitness Center, includes inside and open-air areas to work out any time of day or night with state-of-the-art equipment. Qualified fitness specialists offer a range of activities and lead customized programs and classes to fulfil all interests and athletic levels: Pilates, Aqua, Circuits, Power Walking, Yoga, Bodypump, Spinning, Zumba, Cross Fit, and more. The Ship boasts a jogging / walking track, two swimming pools, and the only full-size, regulation tennis court at sea, which also holds cricket matches, pickleball and basketball games. Enjoy watersports, launching a Hobie cat, kayak, or other personal watercraft from the Ship’s retractable marina deck or visit The World Golf Club on Deck 12 where you can practice your swing on the virtual golf simulator or refine your short game on the outdoor putting green.
Wellness and Enrichment Programs for the Mind, Body, and Soul
During the ever-popular Wellness Week Residents can discover:
- The powerful tools of Ayurveda, an ancient health system, guided by Ayurvedic healthcare specialists and culinary experts through integrated programming: meditation, diet, exercise, yoga, breathing workshops, nutritional lectures, cooking classes, wellness menus and private consultations – all designed to reduce stress and reset body and mind.
- The latest research on Ageing Gracefully Science, a program inspired to deliver the latest and most accurate scientific and clinical research on various wellbeing topics supported and delivered by lead researchers in the wellbeing field – all designed to educate and enhance good lifestyle habits.
The World Spa & Wellness Center
When it is time to rejuvenate, The World Spa & Wellness Center is a 7,000 sq ft sanctuary of the senses offering a wide range of results-driven therapies and products to help unwind and support the holistic health of body and soul. A team of experts guides Residents on their long-term journey of health and well-being with an extensive menu of services and unique offerings including Body Treatments, Massage, Facial / Aesthetic, and Physiotherapy Treatments, Body Sculpting, Grooming, Nail Treatments and Hair Services.
Healthy Eating & Culinary Adventure
Extraordinary culinary experiences complement in The World’s fitness regime. Residents can enjoy fresh local ingredients from ports of call around the world, many hand-selected by the executive chef who relishes visiting farmer’s markets in the early morning hours. Exploring new cultures through food is a favorite pastime among Residents. There is an endless array of healthy eating options with a Healthy Cuisine menu item featured most days. Fredy’s Deli, the onboard gourmet marketplace, features fresh fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods to grab ‘n go or bring back to one’s Residence. Meal programs can be tailored to support a Resident’s nutritional goals – whether dining in one of the Ship’s six unique restaurants or enjoying one prepared in their Residence by one of the Ship’s world-class chefs.
- Biking: Gear up for cycling adventures, the perfect way to explore and get some exercise.
- Cricket: Sticky wickets are not uncommon during spirited cricket matches.
- Diving & Snorkeling: Experience the undersea world with dive masters. From snorkeling the Na Pali coast in Hawaii to diving the shallow reefs in St Barts.
- Fitness Center: Work out 24 / 7 with state-of-the-art equipment. Qualified fitness specialists lead specialized programs and classes: Pilates Mat and Reformer, Aqua, Circuits, Power Walking, Yoga, Bodypump, Core & More, Stretch, Spin, Resident-led Zumba, and Gym Orientation. There’s plenty of fresh air to enjoy exercising outside with ever-changing panoramic views.
- Golf: Practice putting on Deck 12’s putting greens and improve your swing on a state-of-the-art simulator. Join the Resident golf pro for outings to the world’s top courses.
- Hiking: Lace up and walk some of the best trails in the world. Stroll the streets of Shanghai or hike the wonders of the Pitcairn Islands.
- Jogging: Experience an invigorating run on the Ship’s jogging track. Nine laps equate to one mile.
- Paddle Tennis & Pickle ball: Delight in this fast-paced game on the paddle tennis court.
- Swimming: Cool off in one of the two swimming pools or relax in the whirlpool.
- Tennis: Play singles or doubles on the world’s only full-size tennis court at sea. Whilst in Antarctica in January 2017 Residents played the most southerly tennis game on a real court.
- Shuffleboard court: Step onto the shuffleboard court where competition and precision are key.
- Water Sports: Delight in kayaking among Antarctic seals, enjoy a Hobie cat, try Laser boat sailing, banana boating and other water sports like water biking, paddle boarding or snorkeling from the expansive, retractable marina deck.
More Relaxing Pursuits::
- Card Play: Relax during a game of bridge, poker, or chess.
- Cigar Room: Enjoy a cigar from The World’s humidor along with a snifter of the finest cognac or brandy.
- Classes: Learn a new dance; paint, write or cook with experts; or learn how officers navigate the Ship.
- Cove: Play poker or roulette in this private lounge and versatile gaming room.
- Knitting & Crocheting: Swap patterns, techniques, and yarns with the Witty-Knitters.
- Palette: Creativity is ignited in this youth-oriented arts and crafts room.
- The Study: Peruse this library containing 4,000 books (updated periodically with best-sellers), magazines from around the world, newspapers downloaded daily, travel guides, classics, destination-specific and more than 4,000 DVDs and Blu-rays.
- The World Book Club: Partake in monthly discussions on mutually selected books that expand and enrich the literary experience amongst the Community.
- The Zone: Experience the latest in PlayStation, PlayStation VR, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Alienware PC gaming.
- TVs: Watch first-run movies and the latest in Video-on-Demand in all Residences, Colosseo Live channel, recorded onboard guest lecturers, cooking demonstrations, the Ship’s daily show and more.
About The World
is the largest privately owned, residential yacht on earth with 165 luxury Residences. A diverse group of Residents from 20 countries own the homes onboard and share interests in world cultures, history and adventure, and exploring fascinating destinations. They circumnavigate the globe every two to three years following an extraordinary itinerary that they select. In-depth expeditions and one-of-a-kind experiences are complemented by world-class amenities and impeccable service.
To learn more about The World’s unique lifestyle, call +11.954.538.8449 or visit www.aboardtheworld.com.
For additional information or to request images of The World, please contact:
Joanna Merredew, The Dovetail Agency +44 (0)20 3709 7809 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
.: DOWNLOAD THIS RELEASE :.