An Active Lifestyle on The World
Sailing aboard The World, the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth, offers the ultimate adventure and one-of-a-kind experiences of discovery and enrichment with family and friends. Most of the Ship’s Residents enjoy an active lifestyle, partaking in numerous activities and leisure pursuits offered on board or on shore in the exotic ports visited around the globe.
Whether it’s a tennis match along Antarctica’s Ross Ice Shelf while the Ship set the record for the furthest south that any vessel has ever sailed, swimming across the equator in the South Atlantic in 6,000m deep water off the coast of Namibia while a pod of pilot whales swims nearby or kayaking among icebergs while your neighbors stand among tens of thousands of glorious penguins – exploring the planet has never been this fun. Best of all, it’s right outside your front door.
The World features an extensive range of both onboard facilities and shoreside activities to suit varying fitness levels and personal interests.
Inspiring Destination Experiences
Dynamic adventures and one-of-a-kind destination experiences entice and enrich Residents throughout their global Journey. Whether participating in Ship-organized land programs individually or part of a group or designing your own day with assistance from The World Concierge, the objective is always the same – to enjoy, discover and learn about new cultures, architecture, geography, art, food, history and more.
The opportunities for adventures are limitless. Roam Jersey’s pastoral byways or Santa Barbara Wine Country by bicycle. Jump into Arctic waters for an invigorating Polar Plunge – warm towels and mugs of hot chocolate standing by. Dance with Solomon Islanders, Salvador Carnival participants and Cabo Verde revelers. Savor caviar and champagne atop a Greenland glacier having gotten there by private helicopter. Canyoneer in Anchorage or zip line through the treetops of Juneau. Hike Grenada’s Grand Etang rainforest or climb to the top of a pyramid in the ancient Maya city at Tikal in Guatemala. Ride in a sunset camel safari in Australia or experience a twilight volcano adventure in Kailua, Kona. Watch the running of the bulls from a private Pamplona apartment.
- Biking: Gear up for some cycling adventures, the perfect way to explore compact cities and harbors from Vancouver to the Kiel Canal.
- Cricket: Sticky wickets are not uncommon during spirited cricket matches played on The World’s tennis court.
- Diving & Snorkeling: Explore the undersea world with experienced dive masters. From snorkeling the Na Pali coast in Hawaii to diving the shallow reefs in St Barts.
- Fitness Center: Work out 24 / 7 with state-of-the-art equipment. Qualified Fitness Specialists lead specialized programs and classes: Pilates Mat and Reformer, Aqua, Circuits, Power Walking, Yoga, Bodypump, Core & More, Stretch, Spin, Resident-led Zumba and Gym Orientation. Exercise outside on Deck 12 to enjoy the ever-changing panoramic views.
- Golf: Practice putting on Deck 12’s putting greens and your swing on a state-of-the-art simulator. Join the Resident golf pro for outings to the world’s top courses.
- Hiking: Lace up and walk some of the best trails in the world. Stroll the streets of Shanghai or hike the wonders of the Pitcairn Islands.
- Jogging: Experience an invigorating run on the Ship’s jogging track. Nine laps equates
to one mile.
- Paddle Tennis & Pickle ball: Delight in this fast-paced game on the paddle tennis court.
- Shuffleboard court: Step onto the shuffleboard court where competition and precision are key.
- Swimming: Cool off in one of the two swimming pools or relax in the whirlpool.
- Tennis: Play singles or doubles on the world’s only full-size, regulation tennis court at sea.
- Water Sports: Delight in kayaking with the seals of Antarctica and Melanesia, and enjoy Hobie cat, Lazer boat sailing, banana boating and other watersports from the expansive, retractable Marina deck. Alternatively try water biking or paddle boarding in the Sea of Cortez, snorkel around Palau Island or brave a polar plunge in the Ross Sea.
Those seeking less strenuous pursuits can visit or participate in:
- Card Play: Relax during a game of bridge, poker or chess.
- Cigar Room: Enjoy a cigar from The World’s humidor along with a snifter of the finest cognac or brandy.
- Classes: Learn a new dance; paint, write or cook with experts or learn how officers navigate the Ship.
- Colosseo: Stroll to the theater for enriching lectures, discussions, local dance troupes, plays, musical performances, destination-inspired films, and first run movies.
- Cove: Play poker or roulette in this private lounge and versatile gaming room.
- Drama Society: Star in a murder mystery or take a supporting role in a musical.
- Knitting & Crocheting: Swap patterns, techniques and yarns with the Witty-Knitters.
- Palette: Creativity is ignited in this youth-oriented arts and crafts room.
- The Billiard Room: Engage in recreation and sports with a self-stabilizing, gyroscopic billiards table, darts and board games.
- The Study: Peruse this library containing 4,000 books (updated periodically with bestsellers), magazines from around the world, newspapers downloaded daily, travel guides, classics, destination-specific and more than 4,000 DVD’s and Blu-rays.
- The World Spa & Wellness Center: Retreat in a true sanctuary of the senses.
- The World Boutique and The World Showroom: Shop for exquisite jewelry, designer
or The World’s own branded clothing, luggage or attend a trunk show from famous
designers including Lalique or Chopard.
- The Zone: Experience the latest in Playstation 4, Playstation VR, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Alienware PC gaming.
- TVs: Watch first-run movies and the latest in Video-on-Demand in all Residences, Colosseo Live channel, recorded onboard guest lecturers, cooking demonstrations, the Ship’s daily show and more.
About The World
Launched in 2002, The World® is the largest privately owned, residential yacht on earth with 165 luxury Residences. A diverse group of Residents from 20 countries own the homes onboard and share interests in world cultures, history and adventure, and exploring fascinating destinations. They circumnavigate the globe every two to three years following an extraordinary itinerary that they select. In-depth expeditions and one-of-a-kind experiences are complemented by world-class amenities and impeccable service. To learn more about this unique lifestyle call 954-538-8449 or visit www.aboardtheworld.com.
Media Contacts: For additional information or to request images of The World, please contact:
.: DOWNLOAD THIS RELEASE :.