An Active Lifestyle on The World
Sailing aboard The World, the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth, offers the ultimate adventure and one-of-a-kind experiences of discovery and enrichment with family and friends. Most of the Ship’s Residents enjoy an active lifestyle, partaking in numerous activities and leisure pursuits offered on board or in the exotic ports visited around the globe. Whether it’s an afternoon of tennis amid shimmering Arctic glaciers, discovering ancient treasures on a private guided tour of Athens’ New Acropolis Museum – opened exclusively for Residents, hiking the sub-tropical mountains of San Juan’s El Yunque National Forest or scuba diving Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, exploring the planet has never been this fun – and all from the comfort of home.
The World features an extensive range of onboard facilities and shoreside activities:
- Biking: Gear up for some cycling adventures.
- Cricket: Sticky wickets are not uncommon during spirited cricket matches played on The World’s tennis court.
- Diving & Snorkeling: Explore the undersea world with experienced dive masters.
- Fitness Center: Work out 24 / 7 with state-of-the-art equipment. Qualified personal trainers lead specialized programs and classes: ABS (abs, back and stretch), Cycling / Spinning, Fresh Air Yoga, mStrength, Pilates, Pump, Resistance Circuit, Step, Yoga and Zumba.
- Golf: Practice putting on Deck 12’s putting greens and your swing on a state-of-the-art simulator. Join the resident golf pro for outings to the world’s top courses.
- Hiking: Lace up and walk some of the best trails in the world.
- Jogging: Experience an invigorating run on the Ship’s jogging track (8 rounds = 1 mile).
- Paddle Tennis: Delight in this fast-paced game on the paddle tennis court.
- Swimming: Cool off in two swimming pools or relax in the whirlpool.
- Tennis: Play singles or doubles on the world’s only full-size tennis court at sea.
- Water Sports: Delight in kayaking, Hobie cat and Lazer boat sailing, water skiing, banana boating and other watersports (even a polar plunge in Antarctica!) from the expansive, retractable Marina deck.
Those seeking less strenuous pursuits can visit or participate in:
- Card Play: Relax during a game of bridge, poker or chess.
- Cigar Room: Enjoy a cigar from The World’s humidor along with a snifter of the finest cognac or brandy.
- Classes: Learn a new dance; paint, write or cook with experts or learn how officers navigate the Ship.
- Colosseo: Stroll to the theater for enriching lectures, discussions, local dance troupes, plays, musical performances, destination-inspired films, and first run movies.
- Cove: Play poker or roulette in this private lounge and versatile gaming room.
- Drama Society: Star in a murder mystery or take a supporting role in a musical.
- Knitting & Crocheting: Swap patterns, techniques and yarns with the Witty Knitters.
- Palette: Creativity is ignited in this youth-oriented arts and crafts room.
- The Billiard Room: Engage in recreation and sports with a self-stabilizing, gyroscopic billiards table, darts, flat screen TV and board games.
- The Study: Peruse this library containing 4,000 books (updated periodically with best-sellers), magazines from around The World, newspapers downloaded daily, travel guides, classics, destination-specific or movie DVD’s (1,000-plus) and Blu-rays.
- The World Spa & Wellness Center: Retreat in a true sanctuary of the senses.
- The World Boutique and The World Showroom: Shop for exquisite jewelry, designer or The World’s own logo’d clothing, luggage and more or attend a trunk show from famous designers like Lalique or Chopard.
- The Zone: Experience the latest in Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, iMac 27’s, Alienware high performance PC gaming technology, video games and flat screen TVs.
- TVs: Watch first-run movies and the latest in Video-on-Demand in all Residences, taped onboard guest lecturers, cooking demonstrations, the Ship’s daily show and more.
Dynamic adventures and one-of-a-kind destination experiences entice and enrich Residents throughout their global Journey. Whether participating in Ship-organized land programs individually or in a group, or designing your own day with assistance from The World Concierge, the objective is always the same – to enjoy, discover and learn about new cultures, architecture, geography, art, food, history and more. The experiences are endless.
The opportunities for adventure are nonstop: Roam Jersey’s pastoral byways by bicycle. Hike Grenada’s Grand Etang rainforest. Ride in a sunset camel safari in Australia. Dive in St. Barts. Golf at Scotland’s Kingsbarns. Watch the running of the bulls from a private Pamplona apartment. Kayak among Antarctica’s icebergs or march with its glorious king penguins. Witness a Papua New Guinea tribe’s dance ritual. Savor caviar and champagne atop a Greenland glacier having been transported there via private helicopter.
About The World
Launched in 2002, The World® is the largest privately owned, residential yacht on earth with 165 luxury Residences. A diverse group of Residents from 19 countries own the homes onboard and share interests in world cultures, history and adventure, and exploring fascinating destinations. They circumnavigate the globe every two to three years following an extraordinary itinerary that they select. In-depth expeditions and one-of-akind
experiences are complemented by world-class amenities and impeccable service. To learn more about this unique lifestyle call 954-538-8449 or visitwww.aboardtheworld.com.
Media Contacts: For additional information or to request images of The World, please contact:
.: DOWNLOAD THIS RELEASE :.