The Stage and Broadcast Manager oversees, administers, maintains and handles all duties and responsibilities related to the areas of production, film and editing, internal television broadcasts, internal associate communication videos, and light and sound staging. The department also serves as a center for excellence in multi-media communications.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Exceed Resident & Guest expectations of audio, visual and TV quality and service.
- Give technical support in all aspects of Enrichment and entertainment onboard.
- Operate sound, light, video and other technical equipment during lectures, shows and performances.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Broadcast Center with an emphasis on making sure all used material is within author’s copyright limitations.
- Handle the recording, broadcasting and quality control of the Daily Show together with Enrichment Manager and daily host(s).
- Develop content ideas and programs for television program as well as off ship filming, film editing and production.
- Supply and ensure smooth running of all ship outlets background music, including Restaurants, Bars, Lobby, Theatre and Public Areas.
- Responsible for the set up and strike of equipment for usage during presentations, lectures, meetings and events as requested.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the TVRO satellite pre-tuning system, onboard video/audio broadcast entertainment, programming and operation of other broadcast equipment.
- Maintain all broadcast and A/V equipment for maximum longevity and cleanliness.
- Operate and configures the TV/Radio reception, cameras, editing equipment and AV matrix in the onboard broadcast studio
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Broadcast Manager or similar position on an ultra luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra luxury Hotel or Resort preferred
- Operational Experience as Production Manager and/or AV Tech a plus
- Minimum 2 years experience with video editing in Premiere
- Experience working with Matrix and Satellite tuners and receivers preferred
- Experience working with Nero DVD Authorizing Software and iTunes a plus
- Experience with live broadcasting in general
- Knowledge of ship based TVRO systems and broadcast equipment
- Experience with camera operation and recording
- Knowledge of stage equipment and rigging, included but not limited to:
- Cable patching
- Rack mounting
- Sound/light setup/light programming/lighting kits and lighting control boards.
- Experience with the set up and operating of audio, video and light equipment including but not limited to:
- Microphones (wired and wireless)
- Sound speakers
- Video screens
- Video monitors
- Recording equipment
- Connecting wires and cables
- Sound and mixing boards
- Related electronic equipment for presentations, meetings and events