The Sports & Golf Manager’s primary responsibility is to coordinate and provide an exceptional Sporting and Golfing experience to all Residents and Guests. This includes advanced planning of excursions, instructions, scheduling, information and support in all areas of Sports and Golf, both onboard and onshore. In order to consistently exceed Resident and Guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Maintain and exceed the standards and expectations of The World Golf Club (affiliated with the Florida State Golf Association) mission statement.
- Promote and offers instructions for Golf, tennis, cricket, paddle tennis and water sports, including snorkeling and diving
- Offer Golf lessons for all Residents & Guest
- Organize all aspects of Golf excursions including advanced reservations, transportation, and billin
- Participate and act as personal instructor on Golf excursions or other sporting events.
- Organize, promote and host sports tournament and competitions.
- Researches dive and snorkel opportunities, liaises with Local Operators when needed and promotes the opportunities to the Residents & Guests.
- Create and publish weekly television schedule of sporting even Host weekly “Sports Sunday” television show.
- Become certified to drive Zodiacs and operate all water sport activities offered.
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining of The Full Swing Golf Simulator.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Golf Instructor or similar position on a large ultra luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra luxury Hotel or Reso
- Experience teaching Sporting activities
- Previous training in various water sports and experience of snorkeling and/or diving
- Experience with tennis, paddle tennis and other racket sports required Avid Sports Enthusiast
- PGA Member required
- BA/BS 3-4 year degree or foreign equivalency in Golf Business School