The primary responsibility of the Residential Director is to proactively promote and secure business for the Guest Stay Program and sell Residences. The Residential Director reports directly to the General Manager and works closely with the Sales & Marketing team.
SUMMARY OF KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Welcome and host all prospective Residents, pro-actively utilizing the Resident Host Program to integrate them into the community and generate purchase interest and communicate activity to the Global Director/Ambassador in a timely manner.
- Secure future business by creating purchase or guest stay interest via all guests and prospective Residents on board.
- Hold daily office hours and coordinate private appointments to convert future guest stays or purchase.
- Prepare all paperwork associated with sales – purchase offers and sales contracts.
- Coordinate and facilitate ship tours for Guests, visitors, media and Resident functions (as required).
- Assist with all shipboard functions including VIP parties, referral partner functions and all other Sales related shipboard events.
- Act as a positive Ambassador to Exclusive Resorts (ER) Members and host a welcome reception for each ER stay.
- Manages all referral partner, Media or Journalist relations when respective parties are onboard
- Hosts “open house” or tour options on a consistent basis
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in luxury sales, Real Estate Brokerage or Sales Agent in a travel related field and/or upscale property management.
- BA/BS 3-4 year degree or foreign equivalency in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel Management or related field
- Previous experience on a luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, exclusive Residential Hotel or Resort preferred.
- Is able to read, write and speak fluently in English and does so at all times while on duty
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish or Japanese) preferred.
- Previous experience in hotel/cruise reservations, outside/inside Sales, direct public contact, management of sales promotions and programs with high net worth clientele.
- Able to interact on a social and professional level with high net worth clientele.