The Programs Manager’s (PM) primary responsibility is to provide Residents & Guests with five-star quality programming. The PM oversees and facilitates the day-to-day onboard entertainment and activities by implementing programs as established by the Programs Director, Ship and shoreside colleagues. The PM, together with the Programs Director, will actively engage with Residents & Guests, both at onboard events and via the daily television show. The Programs Manager is responsible to ensure that programming is maintained within budgetary limitations.
SUMMARY OF KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Host day and evening activities, created in conjunction with the Programs Director and shoreside Manager, Destination & Enrichment Programs
- Responsible for the content and delivery of the daily TV program, including hosting broadcasts both on and off the ship (destination specific)
- Principal contact for all onboard talent including but not limited to: Guest Lecturers, Musicians, plays and local shows
- Ensure the Youth Program is running according to onboard policies and procedures
- Coordinating direction established by the Programming Director during expeditions and ensuring proper communication with the Expedition Team and related onboard Management
- Responsible for Marina Days and Beach landings
- Is available to socialize with Residents and Guests whenever possible
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Cruise Director/Assistant Cruise Director or similar position on an ultra-luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra-luxury Hotel or Resort.
- Degree, Diploma or foreign equivalency in Hospitality Management, Communications or related field from an accredited College or University
- Solid progression through ranks