The Operations Specialist provides high-level administrative support to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and Sr Director, Hotel Operations. Responsible for hotel project support, including scheduling meetings, updating files/documents, research and inter-departmental coordination. Also provides general administrative assistance to include copying, faxing, filing, expense reports, travel arrangements, spreadsheet work, presentation preparation, internal website postings, and involvement in department/3rd party event planning and group-wide initiatives as assigned.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Provide operational support for COO and Sr Director, Hotel Operations, including maintenance of calendars in coordination with other staff.
- Responsible for the administrative support of the Hotel department including scheduling meetings and preparing written communications including generating meeting minutes, compiling weekly/monthly reports, visitors lists, reports, correspondence, forms, and operating procedures.
- Write letters, agendas, prepare mailings, and produce materials needed by the Hotel department.
- Administrator of internal website (Navigator) for the Hotel Department, responsible for uploading related departmental and Resident-focused information, ensuring compliancy with format and presentation.
- Assists the Sr Director, Hotel Operations in the construction and maintenance of all Operations Manuals
- Responsible for maintaining all Hotel Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including ensuring the index is updated
- Create itineraries, make travel arrangements and complete reimbursement forms for COO and Sr Director, Hotel Operations
- Assist with research and coordination of multiple projects that vary in nature (e.g. Capital, Operational, Enrichment/Program, Dry Dock, Resident Surveys, Resident Committee, and other various special projects)
- Schedules weekly or bi-weekly procurement meetings and prepares all related documentation; updates the OPS sheet as required and follows up with onboard HODs as required
- Supports the Sr Director, Hotel Operations with budget oversight and preparation for monthly financial review, as directed
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in operations, processes and project management
- BA/BS 4 year degree or foreign equivalency, preferably in Hospitality Management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have superior command of the English language, both verbal & written
- Must be able to travel based on job demands and requirements
- Proficient in MS office to include, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook