The Manager, SMS and Administration is responsible for the safety management system onboard the vessel and streamlining communication with ongoing projects.
The position also provides support to the Marine and Technical (M&T) team performing high level administrative duties such as travel arrangements, presentation preparation, project planning and organization of processes and documentation.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working within the Marine & Technical aspect of the cruise industry, ship board and/or shore side, with knowledge of safety management systems.
- Knowledge of IMO, MARPOL, SOLAS, MLC, and ISM code.
- Proven efficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project preferred.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, and presentation skill.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and within deadlines
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Strong typing skills
- Ability to travel internationally