The IT Systems Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of technology infrastructure, compliance and security projects and day-to-day technical oversight and operation support. The IT Systems Manager is also accountable for maintaining a smooth operating environment and coordinating the resolution of technical problems within service levels. This is a hands on position and will require implementation and maintenance of various technologies.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Manage the activities associated with the IT server, storage, and network infrastructure, including hardware and operating systems.
- Provide 24 x 7 monitoring of critical IT components to include all infrastructure, platforms, networks, applications and interfaces.
- Monitor and manage system/network performance and provide capacity management to ensure provided services operate at peak efficiency at all times.
- Provide Tier 2 / Tier 3 support for IT infrastructure (in conjunction with hosting partners).
- Maintain all infrastructure components at provisioned data centers.
- Design and deploy all telecommunications wiring throughout Ship and shore facilities.
- Deploy, manage and maintain Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and other baseline technology services.
- Analyze all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations, and make recommendations for revisions, as appropriate.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all provisioned IT systems, including networks, data centers, servers, operating systems and associated hardware.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions.
- Collaborate with the IT team and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Oversee operations-related projects and project portfolio to ensure on-time within budget delivery of projects and initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- At least 10 years in Information Technology/Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
- Resort and/or hospitality background preferred
- Excellent managerial skills
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, SMTP, CLI, DOS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, LDAP, iOS, Subnet, IP, NTFS, FAT, FAT32,
- Application support experience with ERP, CRM, BI tools, POS, SharePoint, Project Management Tools
- Systems support experience on VMWare, VEEAM Backup and BigFix.
- Azure environment management a plus.
- Technically savvy; willing to be hands-on with excellent troubleshooting skills; strong planning and strategic thinking skills
- Must be self-motivated, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, possess initiative and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, problem definition and resolution skills, strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent attention to detail; poise and professionalism are required for success
- Must be flexible to work late and travel internationally for periods of up to 1 or 2 weeks every 3 or 4 months
- A proven work ethic, and personal qualities of integrity and credibility