The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Manager is to lead and manage the ship’s overall Human Resource Division by focusing on organizational development and effectiveness, employee relations, performance, and conflict management. The Human Resources Manager will provide assistance and support to all Senior Officers and onboard Management when dealing with Human Resources issues.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Responsible for monitoring the company’s disciplinary system and liaising with the Staff Captain
- Communicate staffing needs to the General Manager, Vice President of Human Resources and the HR & Recruitment Manager.
- Arrange and attend all internal and external interviews to ensure an unbiased and fair process.
- Prepare and execute the service recognition program each month.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of all pertinent information for all employee benefits, compensation and Human Resources procedures and SOP’s including,
- Facilitate an environment in which Crew Members are comfortable utilizing the open-door policy.
- Communicates with the Training and Development Manager regarding all new Crew Members and acts as a mentor using open communication and constant availability.
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
- Continuously monitor and assess Crew morale, provide feedback to Management and develop strategies to enhance overall Crew Member satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Human Resources department operates within the established budgetary guidelines.
- Assist department heads with the manning budget and vacation schedule.
- Ensure that the Time & Attendance Policy is being adhered to at all times and that time sheets are reviewed to ensure accuracy of pay for Crew Members.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Human Resources Manager and/or Training Manager on an ultra luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra luxury hotel or resort such as: Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, Four Seasons, Silversea, Crystal Cruises etc…
- 2 years in employee relations investigating, negotiating and resolving grievances and conflicts preferably in a diverse and multicultural environment preferred
- Experience with training luxury hotel operations and implementing new training programs.
- Shipboard experience preferred