The primary responsibility of the Hotel Operation’s Assistant is to perform secretarial and administrative duties for the General Manager, CEO, Corporate Manager Directors (when onboard) and Resident Committees. The Hotel Operations Assistant relays information from the General Manager to the Hotel Department Heads, support the Resident’s administrative requirements and interact with the Front Office to ensure all Resident and Guest needs are met. The Hotel Operations Assistant must maintain strict confidentiality with records, reports, letters, emails, telephone calls, etc.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Assist the General Manager with all e-mails received and follow-up on all communication.
- Attends meetings as requested by the General Manager and takes minutes, (i.e. Hotel Operations daily and monthly meetings, USPH inspections, Informal Residents meeting, etc.).
- Distributes all incoming correspondence to relevant parties.
- Responsible for distributing all outgoing correspondence to Residents by email, fax, and/or hardcopy
- Monitor solicited and unsolicited feedback from Residents and follow-up as necessary.
- Coordinate Residents communications between corporate office and onboard management.
- Responsible for distributing and maintaining onboard Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- When approved by the General Manager the HOA may assist the Front of the House team during busy embarkation/debarkation days by escorting Residents and Guests to their Apartments.
- Assist with Ship tours when required
- Acknowledge Resident’s preferences and ensure all changes are communicated.
- Communicates with Residents and Guests in a friendly and professional manner and strives to exceed their expectations of service at all times
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or Foreign equivalency and/or 2 years’ experience as an Executive Personal Assistant, or similar position in an ultra luxury cruise ship, private club, boutique hotel, ultra luxury hotel or resort such as: Ritz Carlton, Crystal Cruises, Four Seasons, Silversea, St. Regis etc…
- Executive level administrative experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Is able to read, write and speak fluently in English and does so at all times while on duty.
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish or Japanese) preferred.
- Ability to handle stress well and work under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills including creating and working with spreadsheets, Word, Excel and Outlook