The Hotel Controller’s primary responsibility is the management and oversight of main and sub- storeroom inventory and accurate reporting of inventory data. The Hotel Controller audits all invoices and requisitions of incoming and outgoing products to and from main storeroom. The Hotel controller is also responsible for monthly closing and submitting various reports to onboard and shore side management
Reports to the Chief Accountant and works closely with the Hotel Stores Manager.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Maintain all food related inventory and storerooms and ensures accurate inventory counts and levels, while identifying cost and expense reductions.
- Prepare Inventory Variance Reports and financial reports of operating expenses and cost analysis.
- Lead by example utilizing a “hands-on” approach to management.
- Facilitate an environment in which Crew Members are comfortable utilizing the open-door policy.
- Be available during loadings and actively manage the operation, ensuring the container loading manifest matches the items delivered to the vessel.
- Ensure that internal requisitions are handled according to the company policy and that no items are issued out of the storerooms unless they are properly requested.
- Ensure that all internal orders are received and processed in a timely manner and in accordance with the daily ordering schedule.
- Ensure stock is managed in accordance with FIFO system
- Maintain and update a clear record of all manual orders and article numbers in MMS
- Ensure that all food revenues and expenses are properly recorded against the appropriate budget, and the variations from the budgeted amounts are properly documented.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Hotel Controller, Hotel Stores Manager, Inventory Controller, or similar position on an ultra luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra luxury Hotel or Resort.
- Experience with high volume food and beverage purchasing
- Excellent knowledge of US Public Health regulations
- BA/BS 3-4 year business degree or foreign equivalency and/or previous purchasing experience
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish or Japanese) preferred.
- Good computer skills to include creating and working with spreadsheets, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong mathematical and analytical abilities
- Experience implementing and setting up food and beverage storerooms