The Front Office Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage all aspects of the Front Office and Bell Team operation. Core responsibilities include providing exemplary customer service and problem resolution; the Resident and Guest arrival and departure experience; confirming customs and immigration requirements for our worldwide itineraries, communicating such information to Residents and Guests, managing related enquiries; ensuring compliance of such immigration and customs protocols. The position requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills and a dedication to ensure excellence in the execution of The World’s luxury standards in relation to all Resident, Guest and Crew services. The Front Office Manager is responsible for planning and executing the Hotel Operations budget while consistently driving quality and exceeding Resident, Guest and Crew satisfaction goals.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Exceed Residents’ and Guests’ expectations in every aspect of personalized, quality and luxury, service.
- Develop, monitor and achieve company and department goals and objectives; effectively communicate operational updates through daily line ups and departmental meetings.
- Provide exemplary Resident and Guest service; ensure follow up and resolution to any Resident and Guest dissatisfaction issues
- Plan and execute the embark and debark experience of Residents and Guests; the coordination of relevant departments to ensure a welcoming and personalized first and last impression of their stay.
- Work closely with the Clearance Officer to research and plan for upcoming ports to confirm arrival and departure requirements, customs and immigration protocols, passport and visa information and vessel clearance procedures; communicate requirements and restrictions to Residents and Guests; manage related inquiries
- Effective management of the Bell team and Residents’ stores
- Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard and shoreside colleagues to ensure a team orientated atmosphere
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, engaged, well trained, pro-active team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a quality, cost effective service product
- Lead by example using a fair and transparent, “hands-on” management style; be highly visible and approachable to Residents, Guests and Crew
- Coach, develop and mentor direct reports; participate in the recruitment and selection of staff, develop a succession plan for key positions, minimize staff turnover; support onboard Training Programs through direct participation
- Develop, manage and adhere to the hotel operating budget; contribute to the Ship’s 10 year financial plan, submit monthly financial reviews
- Minimum of 3 year’s relevant experience on a luxury cruise ship, private club, boutique hotel, luxury hotel or resort
- Degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred
- Proven track record of providing exemplary customer service and problem resolution
- Knowledge of embark and debark procedures, customs and immigration requirements, visa restrictions, cabotage
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish) preferred
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to handle stress and to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Good computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of point of sales systems, inventory management systems, Fidelio and computerized reservation systems
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English