The primary responsibility of the Executive Pastry Chef is to manage the operations of the Pastry production galley and to ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard and shore side departments to facilitate a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Ensure that the company’s standards are maintained in all areas (including but not limited to):
- Pastry service, operation and philosophy
- Public health
- Crew assigned to the Pastry department
- General standards in the Pastry department
- Quality control of all Pastry products
- Planning and organizing operations for the Pastry
- Acknowledge Resident’s preferences and ensure all changes are communicated to the team.
- Continuously review the operation and make recommendations on how to enhance the product.
- Ensure that all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), SMS and Safety & Environmental regulations.
- Conduct continuous training to the galley personnel on modern preparation and presentation cooking techniques
- Lead by example utilizing a “hands-on” approach to management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Pastry Chef on an ultra luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra luxury Hotel or Resort.
- BA/BS 2-3 year Pastry degree or foreign equivalency and/or 3 years experience as a Pastry Chef
- Solid progression through ranks
- Certificate of completion from a recognized culinary institution
- Advanced Certification in Sanitation and Public Health