The Executive Housekeeper Relief works onboard as Executive Housekeeper for 2 months and Assistant Executive Housekeeper for 2 months. Please see a summary of each below:
The primary responsibility of the Executive Housekeeper is the management of the entire Housekeeping operation including training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Executive Housekeeper is to support the Executive Housekeeper in all duties of the Housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the ship.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Exceed Resident and Guest expectations of Housekeeping service and overall cleanliness of the ship
- Lead by example utilizing a “hands-on” approach to management
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product
- Ensure that all areas (including pantries and lockers) are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), DNV, SMS, safety and environmental regulations
- Ensure that the company’s standards are maintained in all areas (including but not limited to):
- Housekeeping service, operation and philosophy
- Public health
- Crew assigned to the Housekeeping department
- General standards in the Housekeeping department
- Quality control of all Housekeeping products
- Planning and organizing all Housekeeping operations
- Supervise the Laundry and Tailor operation
- Acknowledge Resident’s preferences and ensure all changes are communicated to the team
- Continuously review the operation and make recommendations on how to enhance the product
- Responsible for ensuring that all areas within the Housekeeping department operate within the established budgetary guidelines.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of five years experience as an Executive Housekeeper on a large ultra luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra luxury Hotel or Resort.
- BA/BS 3-4 year degree or foreign equivalency and/or 5 years experience as an Executive Housekeeper
- Solid progression through ranks
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language preferred
- Experience with ultra luxury Housekeeping operations
- Experience implementing new Housekeeping concepts
- Has specialized knowledge of cleaning and caring for fine furnishing, valuables, artwork etc.