The Concierge Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage all aspects of the operation with a focus on communication and acting as a strategic link between TWC onboard and the Destination Services team shoreside.
The Concierge Manager ensures excellence in the execution of The World’s luxury standards in relation to all Resident and Guest services.
The Concierge Manager is responsible to plan, monitor and adhere to the hotel operations budgets while consistently driving quality and exceeding Resident and Guest Satisfaction goals.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Exceed Residents’ and Guests’ expectations in every aspect of personalized, quality, luxury and service
- Continuously review the operation and make recommendations to enhance the product; follow up and resolve Residents and Guests issues; conduct regular in-depth inspections; address AVO and iCan submissions, stay abreast of industry trends with a view to implementing onboard; create / revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Contribute to the development of the onboard product and our commitment to “bringing the destination alive” by creating and delivering events and experiences for Residents and Guests
- Assist with Ship tours, zodiac landings, Marina days, Expeditions, and other activities as required
- Actively develop and support relationship with Les Clefs d’Or organisation worldwide.
- Anticipate the needs of R&G onboard by ensuring personal preferences are known and used pro-actively by team members to deliver insightful service
- Manage the dispatch of Destination Experiences, transfers, private cars and shuttle services in a consistent manner, ensuring a fully trained escort accompanies all Destination Experiences
- Excellent public speaking skills required to oversee and participate in the filming of the daily TV show, ensuring the Concierge segment is filled with knowledgable and useful information for R&G, as well as introducing Port Lectures, delivering presentations at Resident Meetings, etc
- Develop, manage and adhere to the hotel operating budget; contribute to the Ship’s 10-year financial plan, submit monthly financial reviews
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience within the Front Office, Concierge or similar position on a luxury cruise ship, private club, boutique hotel, luxury hotel or resort
- Degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to handle stress and to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Good computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of point of sales systems, inventory management systems, Fidelio and computerized reservation systems
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish) preferred
- Knowledge of world geography, ports of call and tour based information
- Active membership with Les Clefs d’Or preferred