The F&B Steward/Bar Waiter is responsible for providing beverage service in accordance with the company standards in bars, lounges, public areas and Officer’s Bar.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Exceed expectations of beverage services by providing prompt, attentive, consistent and courteous service to all Residents and Guests in the assigned workstation
- Communicates with Residents and Guests in a friendly and professional manner and strives to exceed their expectations of service at all times
- Acknowledge Resident’s preferences and ensure all changes are communicated to the team.
- Responsible for manning the beverage station during tendering service and ensuring it is continually stocked, set and prepared to meet the daily business demands
- Ensure that all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), SMS, safety and environmental regulations.
- Assists with the set up and breakdown of bars and/or beverage station for special events, parties and functions.
- Actively supports the goals for the department as well as the company as a whole to ensure high quality and consistent service; Implement new policies and company initiatives as assigned.
- Must be willing and able to assist with other job functions as required when dictated by business
- Minimum two years experience as a Cocktail Waiter/ess or Bar/Wine Waiter/ess on an ultra luxury cruise ship, private club, boutique hotel, ultra luxury hotel or resort.
- High School diploma or foreign equivalency
- Courses and/or training in Safety, Environmental and Public Health regulations and procedures
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish or Japanese) preferred