|The Assistant Spa Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that high quality, professional Spa Treatments are provided at all times to our Residents and Guests. Experience at a 5 star luxury hotel spa or high end cruise line is preferred.
This position will lead a Spa team of approximately 10 professionals covering all the Spa disciplines including the Fitness Center.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Exceed Resident and Guest expectations of Spa treatments and services.
- Assist the Spa Manager to host regular meetings with the Spa team to discuss objectives, observations, progress and results achieved.
- Lead by example utilizing a ―hands-on approach to management.
- Facilitate an environment in which Crew Members are comfortable utilizing the open-door policy.
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
- Ensure continuous training is provided to the team.
- Ensure that all personnel are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner.
- Enhance Resident and Guest recognition at all times by addressing them by name and interacting with them on a professional level.
- Be fully conversant with all Spa services and facilities in order to be able to make helpful recommendations, and to be able to up-sell Spa services and cross sell spa products.
- Accept and accurately records all bookings for Spa services in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Conduct weekly Public Health inspections of the Spa with the Spa team.
- Acknowledge Resident’s preferences and ensure all changes are communicated to the team.
- Continuously review the operation and make recommendations on how to enhance the product.
- Ensure that all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), SMS and Safety & Environment
- Current experience in their area of specialty (Therapist, Stylist Etc).
- 6+ years experience in luxury hospitality/spa industry,
- 3+ years ship experience would be beneficial,
- 2+ years in an asst/management/operational role
- Familiar with all basic computer functions, including creating and working with spreadsheets, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with SpaSoft a plus but not essential
- Background in training would be beneficial
- Able to lead and motivate
- Able to take direction and follow-up on assigned tasks
- Service minded