The primary responsibility of the Assistant Restaurant Manager is the operation and supervision of assigned restaurants or In-Residence dining on the ship. A successful Assistant Restaurant Manager will be passionate, detailed and have the ability to consistently exceed the expectations of Residents and Guests by providing them with the highest levels of service and products.
Essential Functions – Overview
- Exceed Resident and Guest expectations of service and quality by providing professional and personalized service using the Resident’s and Guest’s names
- Sets a positive example for and ensure that all restaurant personnel are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner
- Responsible for giving directions and continuous job training to all restaurant staff regarding service procedures, Infogenesis handling and the planning and execution of service
- Maintain extreme sense of urgency and ensure that all restaurant and IRD staff does the same
- Be available on the floor to assist Crew and to interact with Residents and Guests at all times during meal periods
- Take responsibility and ownership for all the concerns received from Residents/Guests during service, follow up and debrief with all restaurant staff to determine what measures can be taken to eliminate the same issues in the future; ensure reports and staff appraisals are completed in a timely manner and according to the SOP
- Oversees the set up for Banquet and IRD related conference/events and ensures it is completed on time
- Lead by example utilizing a “hands-on” approach to management.
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product
- Monitor Crew Member and Manager Performance, identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual
- Must conduct regular PH Inspection of their assigned areas and take responsibility of completing the inspection errors
- Ensure that all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), SMS and Safety & Environmental regulations
- Be familiar with the Safety Management System and have a full understanding of his/her responsibilities in the Safety Organization as per the Emergency Plan
- Responsible for ensuring that the assigned restaurant operates within the established budgetary guidelines
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager/Maitre D’ or similar position on a luxury cruise ship, private club, boutique hotel, ultra luxury hotel or resort
- Solid progression through ranks
- Working knowledge of point of sales systems, inventory management systems, Fidelio and computerized reservation systems
- Good computer skills to include creating and working with spreadsheets, Word, Excel and Outlook 2007
- Experience implementing new restaurant concepts
- Track record developing profitable restaurant promotions
- Establish and maintain proper inventories
- Excellent knowledge of Public Health regulations
- Able to inspire, train and develop people for promotion
- Experience training and developing Crew Members with limited education/experience and multi-lingual Crew Members
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage change effectively.
- Demonstrates strong listening skills and is willing to accept feedback and suggestions.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Ability to handle stress well and work under pressure