The 1st Officer Safety will act as a watch-keeping officer and will be the designated safety training officer. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure the vessel’s life saving equipment are kept in excellent condition and the maintenance of the equipment is carried out per National, Foreign, and equipment manufacturer’s regulations and recommendations.
- Conduct all safety related trainings (but not limited to the below)
- Pre-departure safety training
- Lifeboat/Liferaft training
- New hired crew training
- Safety duties training
- Fire fighting, galley, and housekeeping training
- Maintain the SOLAS training manual and must have thorough knowledge of Safety Management Systems.
- Assign safety duties, update safety training plans and in-Port Manning Lists
- Assist in monitoring crew members STCW certification and ensure all crew assigned safety duties have relevant certification
- Act as the deck fire team leader
- Participate in Tender, Zodiac and Marina operations which will include driving, lowering and securing operations or any other duty as directed by Chief Officer
- Extensive experience in a similar position on board a cruise ship with a world-wide sailing itinerary.
- Appropriate licenses and certificates as required by International & National Conventions & Regulations.
- Unlimited Master’s license and documented experience from passenger vessels
- Knowledge and experience using current navigational electronics and computerized equipment
- Fluent in written and spoken English